Sunday, March 11, 2012

Wearily, wearily, I say unto you...


This morning, the time changed. We did the “spring forward’ thing. All I could think, as I struggled to get out of bed at my 5 a.m. wakeup call (which was actually 4 a.m. to my body clock) was “I am so tired. I am so tired. This worn-out body does NOT have the strength to get up and do what I need to do today.”

I made my way (eventually) out of bed, brewed a very strong pot of coffee, and sat down for my morning devotional time with the “Jesus Calling” devotional book, a recent gift from a new friend. Today’s words read in part, “When I gave you My Spirit, I empowered you to live beyond your natural ability and strength. That’s why it’s wrong to measure your energy level against the challenges ahead of you. The issue is not your strength, but Mine… which is limitless.”

Well, alrighty, then. Coincidence that this was today’s reading? I think not.

Philippians 4:13.

Now… on with the day.

2 comments:

  1. just what i needed!!! before i sat down to read your post i had prayed for the energy and stamina to get thru the day. timely as always!! thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love this scripture translated this way! Thanks for sharing this, Drex. Having gone through some serious overwhelmitude in the last six months, this is so welcome. Here's to leaning on his strength, which is limitless~ :o) <3

    ReplyDelete