Monday, April 1, 2013

No April Fool

It's a new day.. a new month.. the beginnings of a new season. What will you do with it?

At the start of the year,I came to a deeper realization that time is precious and should be used accordingly. I resolved to try and do one new thing each day. See:  2013: It's Time

I've been pretty good at keeping that resolution, even if the 'new thing' was something simple. Some days I cooked a new recipe.Some days, I read a book, or story, I'd always wanted to read but had never found the time. I began running again, and some days I  take a new route.--- just because. I met a friend for lunch, when I once would have given into the "I'm just too busy" excuse. I took a few risks with my career choices. Some paid off. Others-- I'm still waiting.  Some days I visited a chapel I'd never been to before. (See my Lenten blog series.) 

One day, I decided I would talk a lot less and listen a lot more. Amazing what you can hear when you do that--- both spoken and unspoken.

But enough about me.

Would you like to consider this day to be a fresh, new start for you? Then, do it. It isn't always easy. Trust me, I know. Really. I do. The first step is usually the hardest.

It begins when you say, "I'm ready." 

I don't know what your new start looks like. Maybe you don't know yet, either. Maybe you want to get a job, quit a job, paint, write, build, plant, create, invent, improve, help... or heal. What I do know is that once the first step is taken, it's easier to take the second, the third, the fourth.. and before you know it, you just may be off and running! 

For centuries, April 1 has been reserved for pranks, jokes and hoaxes. What if you made April 1, 2013 your day to get serious--- about doing whatever it is that has been on your 'to-do' list for so long? 

It's a new day.. a new month.. the beginnings of a new season. Take that first step. And, let me know how it goes.

April 1 is shaping up to be a good day. No foolin'.







.


No comments:

Post a Comment