Thursday, December 20, 2012

Christmas Cheer Day 20 - Home Sweet Home

Day 20 - Christmas Cheer!

I've been decorating my own house for Christmas since I was 20 years old. (That was a couple of years ago....) But, there's just something about helping your dad and mom decorate their house that is especially sweet! Because, I don't care how old you are. Nothin' beats Bing Crosby's White Christmas on the CD player... wrappin' lights around the tree with your daddy... and sneaking Christmas cookies from your mama's kitchen counter.

We got a late start at my folks' house this year. My dad and I were wrapping lights around the tree this afternoon while Mom sat out the reindeer, and snowmen, and Santas, and Christmas bears and... well, you get the idea. I'll share the finished product.. mmmm, once it's finished!

For the first time in awhile, most of our rather large family will be together for the holidays this year... not on Christmas Day, but that's okay. Anytime we are all together.. it's Christmas...and a cause for celebration!

I would love to hear your stories of family togetherness at Christmas. What's your favorite family tradition or memory? You can comment on this blog, or email me.. or just think about it privately!  Cherish your family and others you love....during the holidays and always.

Merry, Merry... y'all!


No comments:

Post a Comment