Monday, December 3, 2012

From Christmas Cheer to Christmas Weird! Days 1,2,3

I am NOT going to say it. I am NOT going to say it. Okay... I am going to say it. It IS beginning to look a lot like Christmas... everywhere you go.

What has caught my eye of late, however, is not just the amount of decorations that are up, but the wide, and often bizarre, variety of lights, garland, tinsel.. and blow up Santas.

So... my plan was to put up 25 days of Christmas decorations ranging from Christmas Cheer to Christmas Weird, one day at a time. The first three days of the month got away from me, so here are days one, two and three all at once!

Day 1: Christmas Cheer

Coming off of a painful football season, Auburn University needs something to be happy about. (I'm the mother of an Auburn grad and a big fan, so be careful now.. ya' hear?)  I found it tonight on Samford Lawn. The Christmas tree is a reminder that life is about more than football. It's about hope, promise.... and perhaps the gift of a better season on the field next year!  War Eagle!!

Day 2: Christmas Cheer

Oh, Christmas tree, Oh, Christmas tree! How lovely are your branches! I found this tree at the Christmas Market at St. Anne Catholic Church in Pensacola...a small church with a BIG heart and an even BIGGER Christmas tree! I wasn't there when it was decorated. Wonder who in the world they got to go all the way up there to put the angel in her perfect spot?

Day 3: Christmas Weird

COVER THE KIDS' EYES! Found this yard decoration in Pace, Florida. Santa bagged a (rein)deer. Oh, my. Hope Rudolph doesn't see this.


Stay tuned.. more cheer and weird are headed your way! If you see a particularly pretty.. or strange... Christmas display, let me know! I'm on the hunt... pun intended.



No comments:

Post a Comment